Retired abortionist dies at age of 71
New York City case numbers
On Thursday, March 1, Henry Rodolfo Bramanti passed away in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Prior to retiring to Florida in 2004, Bramanti was an abortionist who had been sued for medical malpractice. His obituary makes no mention of abortion, instead referring euphemistically to his “private practice in obstetrics and gynecology.”
Lawsuits against Virginia Women’s Wellness (Virginia Beach, VA)
Our New York regional coordinator, Natalie, is looking for volunteers to visit two NYC courthouses.
Cases at 31 Chambers Street (7th floor):
- 111860-2002 (malpractice lawsuit against Planned Parenthood)
- 101046-2001 (malpractice lawsuit against Ronald Blatt)
- 114808-2002 (malpractice lawsuit against Planned Parenthood and A. H. Fahmy)
- 113299-1997 (malpractice lawsuit against Planned Parenthood and A. H. Fahmy)
- 101332-2000 (malpractice lawsuit against David A. Gluck)
- 108373-2000 (malpractice lawsuit against Sohan Mahendranauth & New York Presbyterian Hospital; Natalie is unsure if this one is abortion-related)
- 125813-2002 (malpractice lawsuit against Brooklyn Women’s Services; Natalie is unsure if this one is abortion-related)
Cases at 60 Centre Street, Room 103B:
- 119625-1994 (malpractice lawsuit against Planned Parenthood)
- 101971-1993 (malpractice lawsuit against Planned Parenthood)
- 113540-1994 (malpractice lawsuit against Planned Parenthood)
- 004361-1991 (malpractice lawsuit against Parkmed)
- 101706-2003 (malpractice lawsuit against Westside Women’s Med. and David Gluck)
- 103027-2004 (malpractice lawsuit against Westside Women’s Med.)
- 113510-2003 (malpractice lawsuit against Ronald Blatt)
- 118655-1995 (malpractice lawsuit against Gary Mucciolo; Natalie is unsure if this one is abortion-related)
- 120820-1994 (malpractice lawsuit against Sohan Mahendranauth; Natalie is unsure if this one is abortion-related)
- 112985-1993 (malpractice lawsuit against Yves Basse; Natalie is unsure if this one is abortion-related)
- 101370-2004 (malpractice lawsuit against Brian Park)
- 104374-1995 (malpractice lawsuit against Brian Park)
- 132183-1993 (malpractice lawsuit against Brian Park)
- 134821-1994 (malpractice lawsuit against Solima Soukkary)
- 113260-1994 (malpractice lawsuit against Linda Kim)
- 107822-1995 (malpractice lawsuit against Linda Kim)
- 016664-1985 (malpractice lawsuit against Choices Women Medical Center)
- 101512-1993 (malpractice lawsuit against Choices Women Medical Center)
- 126179-1993 (malpractice lawsuit against Forest Hills Womens Services and Solima Soukkary)
If you are available to obtain documents from either courthouse, please email nataliefohl[at]gmail.com. There probably isn’t time to get the files in time for them to be included when AbortionSafety.com launches, but we would love to add them in a later site update!
Lawsuits against Hillcrest Clinic (Norfolk, VA)
Here’s another volunteer opportunity for Virginians, with case numbers ready to go! This abortion center is located in Virginia Beach.
CL02002918-00 and CL01003124-00 are apparently related cases. The plaintiffs have the same last name, and in one case the plaintiff is designated “an infant.” This would indicate that a woman sued the abortion center on her own behalf and on behalf of her son. Could this be a born-alive case? We need YOU to help us find out!
Adding more thickness to the plot, Steven C. Brigham is listed as a co-defendant. As you probably know, Brigham is a notorious abortionist whose misconduct was so extreme that he lost his medical license. Also listed as a co-defendant is David Peters, the abortionist who currently works at Virginia Women’s Wellness.
William R. Adams, Salt Lake City
I have case numbers for several lawsuits against Hillcrest Clinic in Norfolk, VA. The lawsuits are all classified as “general tort liability,” which includes medical malpractice. Since Hillcrest is an abortion-centered business, it’s quite likely that at least some of these lawsuits are for botched abortions. All of the plaintiffs are women.
CL00000566-00: Abortionist John Baker listed as a co-defendant
CL98000563-00: Abortionist John Baker listed as a co-defendant. I am especially eager to get my hands on this case, because it settled after a three-day jury trial, indicating that there should be a substantial factual record.
If you or anyone you know lives in or near Norfolk, please share this with them. We need a volunteer to go to the courthouse and learn more about these cases! Email info[at]secularprolife.org for details on volunteering.
Nevada malpractice uncovered
Three college students in Utah decided to do research for AbortionSafety.com as part of their university’s “service learning project.” They discovered the existence of several malpractice and personal injury lawsuits against William R. Adams, an abortionist in Salt Lake City.
Unfortunately, they were unable to access the court documents, because the documents are archived and the archival department is in the middle of moving. Thus, the full details of the cases will not be available until at least mid-March.
Nevertheless, what little we do know is certainly illuminating. Adams has been a defendant in three personal injury cases (#850900455, #850901546, and #840906607) and one malpractice case (#930902606). Together, these cases have seven named plaintiffs and ten unnamed plaintiffs!
Until now, there was no information available on Adams’ malpractice history. Kudos to these great volunteers!
911 call: botched abortion in Virginia Beach
AbortionDocs.com (which is cooperating with AbortionSafety.com) just published this documentation of a botched abortion that took place in November 2007. The mother was killed when abortionist Adam Levy perforated her uterus. Levy works at A-Z Women’s Center in Las Vegas, NV.
$600K malpractice award
The recording was obtained through an open records request by a concerned citizen. Anyone can help expose abortion malpractice!
Troubled abortion center re-opens
“A Mississippi woman has won a legal settlement related to a botched abortion done on her by abortion practitioner Joseph Booker, who worked at two different abortion facilities in the state years ago.” Booker no longer works at the Mississippi facility, but may be practicing elsewhere.
Needed: Volunteer in or near Fort Bragg, CA
Northern Illinois Women’s Center in Rockford, Illinois, is allowed to re-open after paying a $9750 fine. NIWC was closed in September after dangerous health code violations were discovered. Advocates for women’s health are extremely upset by the decision, which LifeNews calls a “slap on the wrist.”
We have case numbers for cases involving the “Women’s Health Center” abortion facility in Fort Bragg, CA. With case numbers, it’s easy to get the documents. All we need is a volunteer to go to the courthouse and speak to the clerk! If you know anyone in Fort Bragg who would be willing to help, please pass this along. With nine cases (!), at least one is bound to be the sort of malpractice case we are looking for. We would hate for this to go uninvestigated— we need you!
Here are the case numbers:
MCTM C1CL 96 115 01
MCTM C1CL 96 115 02
MCTM C1CL 00 1165 001
MCTM C1CL 00 1172 001
MCTM C1CL 00 1173 001
MCTM C1CL 00 1174 001
MCTM C1CL 00 1175 001
MCTM C1CL 00 1176 001
MCTM C5CL 09 4575 001
The courthouse is located at 700 South Franklin Street, Fort Bragg, CA. The clerk is available 8:30am to 3-pm, Monday through Friday.